How to add an CNAME record to your domain name.
Please note: Before proceeding you will need to ensure you have created a DNS zone.
- Log in to your Purely.Website account.
- Using the top menu sub menu, click Domains.
- In the left side menu, click Manage DNS.
- Find the domain you wish to update/create the A record for.
- Click on the edit icon next to your domains DNS zone.
- Click the Add Record button.
- Set Type to CNAME
Name: The alias you give to the real host name
TTL: Set how many seconds will elapse before the record is refreshed in the DNS cache
RDATA: The real name of the host you create an alias to. This must be an official host name. It cannot be an alias. A CNAME-record should always point to an A-record to avoid circular references.
- Click the Confirm button.
That’s it. You’ve now created an CNAME record. Please note any DNS changes can take up to 24 hours to apply.