How to add an MX record to your domain name.
Please note: Before proceeding you will need to ensure you have created a DNS zone.
- Log in to your Purely.Website account.
- Using the top menu sub menu, click Domains.
- In the left side menu, click Manage DNS.
- Find the domain you wish to update/create the A record for.
- Click on the edit icon next to your domains DNS zone.
- Click the Add Record button.
- Set Type to MX
Name: Enter @ to make use of your main domain, or enter .yoursubdomain. to add this as a subdomain.
TTL: Set how many seconds will elapse before the record is refreshed in the DNS cache.
RDATA: Enter the priority of the record.
Exchange: Enter the mail domain name (not the IP) mail will be forwarded to.
- Click the Confirm button.
That’s it. You’ve now created an MX record. Please note any DNS changes can take up to 24 hours to apply.