In this guide we are going to walk you through setting up and pointing your purely.domains domain name to Squarespace.
- You need to first ensure that your domain name is using our nameservers, these are;
- Once they have been set we will need to create the DNS zone for our domain. https://purely.website/support/dns/create-dns-zone/
- Now within your Squarespace account you will need to find your DNS settings, open Domains in the Settings panel. Here you will see a list of the DNS records you need to populate within your newly created DNS zone.
- The first DNS record you will need to add is the verification CNAME, this will be first record shown, the random characters pointing to verify.squarespace.com
- Now we will create the www. CNAME record.
- Then for the 4 A records, enter @ in the name field, and enter the IP addresses as shown, repeat for the other 3
- That should be it! As these are DNS changes, this can take up to 24 hours to apply. Once added, you can use the TEST CONNECTION button from within your Squarespace DNS settings page.
- If you are having problems, see the troubleshooting domain connections guide https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206541757