How to add an SRV record to your domain name.
Please note: Before proceeding you will need to ensure you have created a DNS zone.
- Log in to your Purely.Website account.
- Using the top menu sub menu, click Domains.
- In the left side menu, click Manage DNS.
- Find the domain you wish to update/create the A record for.
- Click on the edit icon next to your domains DNS zone.
- Click the Add Record button.
- Set Type to SRV
Name: In this field we add the following within one line, describes of the service, the type of port which the service is listening on and the subdomain you want the service on, here is an example: _ts3._udp.ts.
TTL: Set how many seconds will elapse before the record is refreshed in the DNS cache.
RDATA: Enter the IPv4 of the web server.
Weight: This is only used if you have multiple endpoints for your application. It’s to help with balancing the load between different servers. Most of the time this can be set to “0” (zero) as it’s not required.
Port: This is the port number for the application you’re using. In our example, it could be something random like 9742.
Target: The target has to be a valid A record which points to an IP address. You can’t directly use an IP address in this section.
- Click the Confirm button.
That’s it. You’ve now created an SRV record. Please note any DNS changes can take up to 24 hours to apply.