In our nameserver selection part of the purely.website control panel, we have 3 built in options to choose from as well as fields to enter your own custom nameservers.
We’ve made it easy and convenient to make a selection to use our nameservers for our web hosting/DNS services. The following nameservers can be set with just a tick box;
purely.website – (purely.website Inclusive DNS)
The free inclusive DNS nameservers you should use if you wish to manage your DNS via the purely.website DNS section.
cp.purely.website – (purely.website Web Hosting DNS)
The DNS nameservers you should to make use of your Purely.Website hosting packages.
cp.pipeten.co.uk – (Pipe Ten legacy Web Hosting DNS)
The DNS nameservers you should use to make use of the legacy hosting packages.
If you are wanting to use an external DNS provider you will need to enter these in the custom nameserver fields.
How do I change the nameservers for my domain name?
Nameservers translate a domain name into an IP address, connecting information that is easy for humans to understand (names) with information that’s easy for computers to understand (numbers). This guide is for making use of the inclusive DNS/Nameservers provided to accompany your domain name registrations.
Here we will show you how to change these from your purely.website account.
- Log in to your purely.website account.
- Using the top menu sub menu, click Domains.
- Click on the domain name you wish to edit to load the domain overview page.
- Click on the Nameservers menu item under the Manage Header.
- Either select one of the 3 options of our nameservers or enter your new custom nameservers, then click Change Nameservers to save the change.